Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 406 22-11-2002 , 07:42 AM
Subscriber

Hydraulic

Is the Hydraulic animateable ??....What kind of scene have you planned...or just plain black background... ?

# 407 22-11-2002 , 07:44 AM
Subscriber
Yes I guess so. I put locators on all movable parts for "perfect" movement.

I'll go for a diorama, showing two mechs in a winter landscape. One will be climbing a tree and one will be stanting on the ground beneath.

I do not support Bush! Nor Saddam! Long live UN!
# 408 22-11-2002 , 07:47 AM
Subscriber

Winterscene

cool...waiting for that...!!

# 409 22-11-2002 , 07:48 AM
Subscriber
The landscape is located on page 23 in this thread. user added image

# 410 22-11-2002 , 10:01 AM
Hi guys!

After playing around on some crazy threads that spawned yesterday, I´m back here to keep on with my duty.

Undseth:Excellent Modelling mate .. get started on that texturing! I like a lot the hidraulics in the front claws? ... Really really nice! LOL btw mate: Cool avatar! user added image

SpyD01:First of all ... Welcome to Sm mate! Hope you get to meet great people around here! You are welcome to participate in the competition although sadly it´s almost finishing. If you don´t handle Maya too well, then perhaps a great idea for you would be to download the free videos available at the site, get a feel for the program, participate in the forums and such by using these 13 days as a cushion for the next competition. If you do want to compete right away then please refer to the November Competition Theme and some aditional Competition Guidelines. Again welcome mate!

Babyduck: Actually Competition Entry Submission Guidelines will be posted shortly, since we have an excellent idea for the competition. (Take into account this new format of competition is experimental but so far we are happy with it). However If you´re scared that the renders themselves will lose detail then try the following alternative. Render at 1024px and then get the image into Photoshop and reduce the Image Size proportionally too 600px. No detail will be lost and yet it´ll be able to get into the competition. However the final entries submission is still being decided so I´ll post those as soon as I can.

EMo:Believe me, It´s going to get more cooler from now on. user added image

BulletProof: how´s that tutorial coming around? I´ve been scared to actually click on the ICQ thingie, fearing I could disrupt an otherwise perfect movie. user added image

As of now Competition is definitely finishing by December 5th 2002.

**EDIT**:Images Updated at the Showcase

Last edited by adldesigner; 22-11-2002 at 01:07 PM.
# 411 22-11-2002 , 10:42 AM
Subscriber

If I'm online, and ICQ switched on, feel free to talk to me.....If i make my tutorial I will turn it off....Still searching for a good Screen-Capture Program and a good codec for small movies...(256 colors)...maybe Kevin can help...therefore: KEVIN if you read this...tell me what you are using to make the Tutorials for SM

thx

b u l l e t

# 412 22-11-2002 , 10:48 AM
Supreme Being
thnx for the close ups undseth... it's lookin' real sweet man..
cool modelin'.. :p

# 413 22-11-2002 , 10:20 PM

Re: ICQ

Originally posted by BulletProof
...Still searching for a good Screen-Capture Program...

Check out this program: CamStudio

# 414 23-11-2002 , 01:48 AM
Subscriber
some updates :
one picture with the opened trap doors, another with all the weapons left and propellers and another "normal".
I work a lot for creating the "desert shader" (about 4 hoursuser added image ) and i add some light and learn a lot of things on the shadow ! user added image user added image

Sorry but my english is very poor !
MaY ThE FoRcE Be WiTh YoU !
# 415 23-11-2002 , 02:36 AM
Subscriber

Wohoo

Texturing rulesuser added image

Heres is my first texture for my mech, I just wanted to share it with you.

edit:
You may have seen this logo somewhere else... user added image

# 416 23-11-2002 , 02:38 AM
Subscriber
Cyrius

Nice Shader, Model is looking good.

# 417 23-11-2002 , 05:12 AM
Subscriber

the landscape

Ok guys, I make for my invasion a landscape… user added image
(it has to be a place where took the action)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 418 23-11-2002 , 05:31 AM
Subscriber

the invasion

Attention folks, an invasion of mecha insects is preparing… beware…they are coming…hide for your safety… because they have no mercy! :p
Ok it was a joke user added image
Folks, here is my invasion of mecha insects user added image

I think it’s the final, I don’t know if I’ll put some dust in scene because even so with all those insects my computer worked very slow when I rendered the scene user added image
At the fist time there was more spider units but I have to delete a few from them because my computer crushed user added image
So sorry if it doesn’t look like a real invasion, but this is where I can get so far with my computer… user added image
Perhaps in the future I will upgrade my computer to be more powerful user added image

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein
# 419 23-11-2002 , 06:22 AM
Subscriber
el_newty: I love the scope of this user added image

Syrius: What kind of shader is looking like sand in your rendering???

# 420 23-11-2002 , 06:27 AM
Hi Guys!

Here we go again! user added image

undseth: Glad to know you´re starting in that texturing! From what it seems, yours will be an excellent entry!

Cyrius: Looks great! Perhaps some lights lighting details from below? It´ll help your model get some more definition.

el_newty: Whoa! Now that´s a big invasion! Looks excellent from here. Perhaps another rendering with Shadows enabled? Before you do, check that all the mechs are in fact colliding with the plane below them, so you don´t lose all that rendering time. Excellent bud!

Images Updated at the Showcase
Entry Submission Guidelines will be given shortly.