Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 14-09-2006 , 09:55 AM
well, i kind of gave you my comments on msn, but now i see that i think the spikes on the hands are too small. what do YOU think?user added image

i'm new. where's the bathroom?

check it out www.dahwan.com
# 17 14-09-2006 , 09:59 AM
Nice model!

Like the legs and back most user added image

I once tried to model an organic wasp, didnt get it that far user added image ...

I think u should give ur wasp eyes like on ur sketch... maybe just some bigger. and deform the head a bit (dont really how to what kind of shape but something different)

And, yeah ur on the right way!!!

S3rj

# 18 14-09-2006 , 10:31 AM
i only check these forums during weekdays while at work... so don't take offense if i don't comment during the weekends... your model is definitely looking good. a random question i have is why did you start texturing only certain components?

the body is definitely convincing in both the insect and the machine facets, good job!

Accept no substitutions.
# 19 14-09-2006 , 11:59 AM

Originally posted by NeoStrider
i only check these forums during weekdays while at work... so don't take offense if i don't comment during the weekends... your model is definitely looking good. a random question i have is why did you start texturing only certain components?

the body is definitely convincing in both the insect and the machine facets, good job!

If you notice, Only things that are textured are that of chrome, I like to give chrome textures to things I know are going to be chrome 100%

# 20 14-09-2006 , 12:22 PM
Senior Software Developer
Looks Good Well Done. Can we see some wireframes?

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 21 14-09-2006 , 12:24 PM
The Maya Mountain
looks like it's coming along nicely, matching your concept

# 22 14-09-2006 , 02:12 PM
hey chronyx. ok if if i post up a litle render of the wasp i made from your ref?

i'm new. where's the bathroom?

check it out www.dahwan.com