Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-01-2007 , 01:01 AM

baking constraints

Have any of you ever tried baking a geometry constraint? It doesn't seem to work and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to force it to work.

Thanks.

# 2 02-01-2007 , 02:33 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Bake a geometry contraint? Can I ask what purpose would this be for?

Cheers
Jay

# 3 02-01-2007 , 02:58 AM
You can ask... ha ha ha.

OK, I've got some ice cubes set up on the surface of a real flow liquid simulation. The thing is, geom constraints are wierd. If you scrub through your animation, they react like any other un-cached sim. What I want to do is bake the geom constraint to be keyframes and then tweak it on top of that.

# 4 19-02-2007 , 12:01 AM
You could always point and orient constraint a temp locator to your ice cubes that are currently geometry constrained. . . then bake those locators. . . then break your geometry contraints and point and orient constrain your ice cubes to the baked locators. . . then of course bake your ice cubes. make sense? obviously it'd be nice if the bake simulation would work on geometry constraints but this'll get you the same result. . I think.