Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 25-02-2007 , 04:47 PM
Subscriber

my kitchen

I showed a model of my kitchen a week ago and I ended up redoing it so I could texture easier. I have made it a day scene and have a few more pieces to add to it. I would like to know what people think so far.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 25-02-2007 , 06:07 PM
Subscriber
Hmmm.

Well, its ok. You really need to adjust those light settings. I assume you're rendering with Mental Ray .. at least I would hope so at least in Maya.

Work on those textures as well.. um..

..well, keep going. You'll get it.

D3D

___

www.kristopherlee.com

# 3 26-02-2007 , 09:56 AM
Subscriber
I retextured it and lit it as best as I could with mental ray I am just learning how to use mental. I still have pieces to add like the hinges on cabinet doors and a few other items like a kitchen table. but I had someone look at it and they like how I textured it the second time around and I'm happy with it.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 26-02-2007 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber
Well.

Its better than the first one. You'll get it, no worries. Take a look at some of my work at www.kristopherlee.com. Make sure you have the latest flash plugin.

I have some work on there and you'll be able to see the lighting and texturing that I do.

Good luck man.

D3D

# 5 26-02-2007 , 10:14 AM
Subscriber
hey rome wasn't built overnight LOL! I think I am doing okay for a guy who has had only 2 3d classes. My school does not offer a lot of 3d electives either. So I have to learn a lot on my own. It sucks because I have paid a lot to attend this school. I have had more video classes than 3d. My degree is going to be for video and animation. Guess I have to keep practicing like I always do. Thanks for the encouragement.

# 6 26-02-2007 , 10:15 AM
Subscriber
The shadows are wicked dark in the second render, other than that it's not lookin too bad. Keep up the good work

# 7 01-03-2007 , 03:23 PM
going by british standard sizes if this is a kitchen re-plan (eg putting in a new kitchen) if you move the fridge over to the left you might be able to squeeze in a 350mm unit or a 200unit pullouthingy that has the shelf basket things for putting jars, botles, packet etc in. But looks good so far.

# 8 01-03-2007 , 05:55 PM
I agree with Rhetoric Camel; the shadows on the 'fridge, for example, are way too "sharp" and hard at the corners. Try doing a little something to have it fade out as it gets to the edges.

And I'm mourning over the loss of that slight-reflection that you had in your tiled floor...but ah well, if you're happy with it ^_^