Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-03-2007 , 07:35 PM

Strange display

I'm not sure how to describe the problem, so I'll attach a photo. I'm not in x-ray mode or anything, it just looks funny, like a semi-transparency.

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-03-2007 , 10:43 PM
have you changed the scale settings to someting other than CM? if so, i got a similar problem and had the increase my cameras clipping planes

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 3 11-03-2007 , 01:49 PM
I've tried playing with the clipping planes, but without getting any real results. Right now they're set at 0 and 1 000 000. Sometimes when I make the far clipping plane further the whole thing disappears. Nearer, too. The whole model is in meters, and it's pretty big since it's a modeled chunk of Manhattan. What exactly do you mean by scale settings?

# 4 11-03-2007 , 02:40 PM
in preferences, there are settings on how big each square on the grid is. the default is CM.

sorry, i don't know your problem then user added image

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com