Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 12-12-2002 , 07:01 PM
Subscriber

OMG! cant believe it!

some of you may already know, happened quite a while ago now, but i only just found out

the d00ds who make 3dsmax, discreet, hired A|W's IK/FK coders to work on IK and FK for max!!!! cheeky bastards user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 2 12-12-2002 , 07:07 PM
Subscriber
hahah, it figures...

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 3 12-12-2002 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
Yes When Alias let go of some people they went to discreet. Look at MAX 5 and you will see alot of similarities like rotate tool wedge tool and new snapping tools. :p

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 4 12-12-2002 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
do you think its right that they just steal ppl from A|W and use the same tech in max? i know they didnt steal em, more like a ransom, but still

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 12-12-2002 , 10:33 PM
It's business, plain and simple. You have guys who program 3D animation tools for high-end applications, where else are they going to go? Frankly, I was glad that they went to Discreet and fixed Max's horrid IK system. Max 4's new bones made it much easier to do character rigging. Still not as nice as working in Maya, but it's pretty darn close. In fact, because the IK systems are almost identical, I can create relatively similar rigs in both programs that work the same way.

Just remember, tools are simply tools. It's the implementation and workflow that differentiate them. Max may have a lot of features similar to Maya (and vice versa), but it's all in how you actually use them. For my money, Maya is a much smoother and elegant workflow. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 12-12-2002 , 11:28 PM
and in the end all that counts is the result... right?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 7 13-12-2002 , 12:55 AM
Amen.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 8 14-12-2002 , 02:44 PM
Grrrrrr. Disceet dosnt deserve A|W

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes."
- Waking Life
# 9 17-12-2002 , 02:28 PM
Subscriber
pay em' more and then they will come running... good for the coders coz AW and Discreet will be playing...

you are mine... here have some more... no, you are mine... here's more