Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 23-06-2007 , 09:25 PM

wireframe Question????

Hi,
I am putting together a portfoilio to get some work, I have rendered my models and that's all fine, but I have seen on some web sites were the model are shown in wireframe in white to display them.
I didn't know how to do this user added image

on most models there is:
finished model
uv map
and wireframe. I think!

can any one help, ThankS

# 2 23-06-2007 , 10:05 PM
Jr.Who
# 3 07-07-2007 , 12:57 PM
Hi
Thanks for your help I did try it but it did not work so still stuck with the problem of getting my model to a wire frame pic.
user added image

# 4 07-07-2007 , 06:37 PM
The Maya Mountain
One thing you can do is take a playblast of your animation, which captures what's on your screen. So, just put it in wire mode, shoot a playblast of the rotation, and splice that into your reel.

# 5 12-07-2007 , 04:14 AM

wireframe Question????

I am only building a model of a chair and will not be animating it but the company want it in wire frame with grey shading under neath. I also see this done in alot of mags to show off models. I do not know how to do any animations.

Please help user added image

# 6 12-07-2007 , 04:46 AM
Subscriber
use maya vector rendering engine.

set the faces on your mesh to all hard, so they all havee 90 degrees normals. and vector render all lines or so.

look in the docs, i dont remember off the top of my head.

# 7 12-07-2007 , 04:52 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by vladimirjp
use maya vector rendering engine.

set the faces on your mesh to all hard, so they all havee 90 degrees normals. and vector render all lines or so.

look in the docs, i dont remember off the top of my head.

IsnÕt that what they tell you in this link:
https://moonlitbasement.com/blog/wire...rial-part-one/

# 8 12-07-2007 , 06:18 AM
Subscriber
nah, my way is better.

less steps and more confusing.

# 9 14-07-2007 , 10:06 PM

wireframe Question????

Hi there, Well I tryed it and it worked, first time but when I tryed it again (getting wireframe render from model) it would not work???

All a keep getting now is a black render pic!
I don't know were I am going wrong I have done the steps over and over again and NO joy

:headbang:
Please help

Ta Orl

# 10 22-11-2007 , 03:44 AM
Here are simple workaround solutions.

1) Printscreen it and edit in photoshop

2) Apply Automatic UV mapping to model and save the wireframe texture.

Apply the texture file over the object. (This way it will respond to lighting and give you the shadow you need as well)

# 11 22-11-2007 , 04:08 AM

hmmm...

I had the same question way back...The whole vector render and playblast mode is crap. The vector mode shows the mesh in tris or it shows the mesh without the shader which gets confusing, TOTAL CRAP! The playblast mode is a headache because it's compressed and you see the back ground of the camera environment, which then you would have to edit out, GARBAGE! Too much work and render time.

The easiest way that I found out to do it is to take a snapshot of your layed out UV's in your UV editor. Save it and open it in photoshop and place a white or gray background under the UV mesh layer, (make sure the UV mesh is visible). Save it as a tiff, Open Maya and apply the texture file to your model. Voila! now you can render it out like the pros! You can see the shader and the mesh! THis way works the BEST!

EA Games
# 12 20-01-2008 , 04:19 PM
kewl man....works gr8 4 me ;-)