Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-06-2007 , 06:19 PM

measurement in millimetres?

Oh dear....this is a question of such basic simplicity that I am almost too embarrased to ask it...but I have no knowledge of any 3D program, but find myself having to face up to the reality of learning to use one in my fledgling business as a self employed craftsman...so I will be looking to output work in Maya to a 3D printer...so the question is...(and I was very good and checked out all the FAQ's I could find, but it is obvious that this is too basic a question for even an FAQ entry...is can work in the Maya 3D environment be sized / scaled to millimetres, centimetres?

Becaus e if it is I will use a load of hastily purchased manuals to get me started asap.

Apologies for my ignorance...and any help would be very, very appreciated. Thank you...

Many a Mickle Muches a Markle
# 2 27-06-2007 , 08:13 PM
Hehe I've seen questions alot more simple then this so dont worry. user added image

Just go >>Window>>Settings/Preferences>>Preferences>>Settings, under working units you can change it to meter, centimeter, foot, etc.

And I wish you good luck with Maya and welcome to the SimplyMaya forums. user added image

# 3 27-06-2007 , 08:40 PM
Thank you so much!

I am now going to forge on with confidence (well..a sort of confidence) that I am barking up the right tree. Time for another steep learning curve!

That is excellent news....thanks again.

Many a Mickle Muches a Markle
# 4 27-06-2007 , 08:44 PM
Hehe no problems, I'm always glad to help. user added image