Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 09-03-2008 , 05:42 AM
Well... do you know how an HDR Image is built up of? It consists of several images combined to give enough lighting information about that image. It is usually created by taking several photos with different shutterspeed. Sure, you can create one in Photoshop too, but then you need to create several images there too and combine them properly.

It will work with just one image, but then it's pretty pointless to use an HDRI, you can just use a JPEG, it will give about same resulting render - that is a boring washed out render.

# 17 09-03-2008 , 06:43 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
I would stick to using HDRI probes. as opposed to home made probes, unless you know what your doing. A single image will look distorted and blurred when stretched around the environment dome.

Allot of the time people actually combine HDRI with their light setups. So just experiment with things and see what gives you the best results.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 18 09-03-2008 , 08:26 AM
Subscriber
i did have a hdri file from an website who delivers HDRI maps but when i rendered with it on a dome it look horrible so i found somewhere where they did it this way
ill try some stuff out and post here what you guys think looks better

------------------- WIP ------------------

--------------- Finished Work -------------
Apache Helicopter
Armoured Personal Unit
Apache Finished
Ferrari 360
Mech