Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-03-2008 , 10:14 PM
Level 32 pachyderm

3d game maker

Does anyone know of a 3d game maker where i can use my own models, that doesnt require any programming?

# 2 15-03-2008 , 11:50 PM
Jr.Who
I don't think that's possible, it will probably need at least a little bit of programming.

# 3 16-03-2008 , 02:32 AM
As in a game maker do you mean to add in into a game?

If so then depending on the game and how kind the person is you might be able to get a plug in say for, I dont know errr, GTA???

If you want to make a game them you really need a engine, micorsoft do a decent one XNA, although you can make your own or use someones using C# or C++, (C# on MSDN has some great tuts agoing over the real basics)..

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 16-03-2008 , 05:58 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Like said above your going to need a existing game that allows you to import your own models. Such as Unreal Tournament. Which comes with Unreal Ed. So you can make your own maps and import your own models.

If you don't have unreal, you could try searching for a free game engine online. I'm sure you can find something.
Though you may need to do some programing to get things set up.

Other than that. If you want to see your content in game without the hassle of Finding/ making your own game, perhaps you could join some form of Mod?

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 16-03-2008 , 12:07 PM

Originally posted by Mayaniac

If you don't have unreal, you could try searching for a free game engine online. I'm sure you can find something.

XNA

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 16-03-2008 , 03:45 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!

Re: 3d game maker

Originally posted by elephantinc
that doesn't require any programming?

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 7 16-03-2008 , 10:59 PM
Well from what I have dug up there is only one way fr something okay ist code and second it will take ahwile to learn user added image

# 8 30-03-2008 , 12:28 AM
Subscriber
I recommend getting Orange box and Garry´s mod from Valve . Its a great way to start importing you're own models into a game engine. Also get hammer world editor to make you're own game maps.
You wont be able to to make you're own game right away but this is a good starting point.

# 9 30-03-2008 , 03:39 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
Garys mod? ive heard of that, ill check it out

thanx fot the help guys

# 10 30-03-2008 , 08:37 PM
Acid44
any time i wanna make a game i just install vice city and heavily modify it... with the way its set up its gotta be the easiest game to mod, it was pretty much made for ituser added image

other than that youll need to do some programming there was one i used a while back that had mostly pushing buttons and minimal programming so ill see if i can dig it up for yauser added image