Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-06-2010 , 01:01 PM

Animating a Glow Effect

This should be simple, but I am stumped. How do I animate the glow attribute of a material?

Thanks

# 2 22-06-2010 , 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
If you're talking about animating the intensity then its just as simple as every other attribute that you can right click and "set key". You can even tweak the curve in the graph editor. Anything other than that, you will have to grab that "shader glow" shader that's always there in Hypershade and edit the glow properties on that. Keep in mind though, this is the master glow and will affect any shader with any glow intensity (which can be a good or bad thing). Hope that helped!

- Genny
# 3 22-06-2010 , 04:44 PM
Yes that did it. I had no idea I could right click on the attribute NAME and open a menu. Thank you. You mentioned it would then be in the Graph Editor. I set two keys but I don't see the attribute in the graph editor yet. What am I missing?

Thanks

# 4 22-06-2010 , 05:39 PM
Super Moderator
Select the shader, you probably still have the model selected from when you tabbed over to the shader :p

- Genny
# 5 23-06-2010 , 03:55 PM
that's it. Thanks for the help!