Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 29-05-2011 , 04:47 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

Maya and Motion Graphic

Hello All

Today I want your Idea about categorizing Maya priorities to learn as a motion Graphic Designer

first one is Modeling
second one is Texturing and UVs
Third on is Animation + Camera
the last is Rendering + Lighting

the above is my Idea what do you think?
user added image

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 2 29-05-2011 , 06:53 AM
Acid44
I agree with your list, but don't agree with them being grouped (ex. rendering+lighting), it kind of implies that you can mess with the order of the grouped parts and learn the lighting after the rendering, or the UV's after the texturing. Which you could, but I think it would be more beneficial to master one practice before learning the next

# 3 29-05-2011 , 11:30 AM
Motion Graphic Designer

MAYA and Motion Graphic

hey tnx ACID44 for your nice feedback.user added image

I am agree with you, I should put them separate,user added image
I really like the 2D + 3D works of Aljazeera TV they are doing cool compositing.
I am not sure if they use Maya on them but I want to try!user added image

Moh.Murtaza Mohammadi

knowledge is power
# 4 29-05-2011 , 06:02 PM
rendering is the most important part. doesn't matter how good you are in modeling and texturing if you can not get the right render output or right shader than you come back to 0(zero), sometime If I can not model something I'll buy it, but you can't buy rendering.

for me rendering is the top of list, but for start of course modeling and texturing.