Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 01-08-2011 , 03:40 PM
Nice layout, I like the space given to the Rackmount Room. An area of high priority, -now just stick a robot in there that will take care of all network/rendering issues/software updates/service packs/OS incompatibilities/firmware updates/new version integration issues/and maybe serve beer & snacks user added image .

# 17 04-08-2011 , 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Nice layout, I like the space given to the Rackmount Room. An area of high priority, -now just stick a robot in there that will take care of all network/rendering issues/software updates/service packs/OS incompatibilities/firmware updates/new version integration issues/and maybe serve beer & snacks user added image .

Unfortunately the bot would probably just catch dust because I'd enjoy the tinkering, its a sickness.user added image
----

Ok so, I didn't meet my quota but I'm digging in there. I started in on the room, next up is furniture and major electronics. And don't make fun of my placeholder furniture lol.user added image

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 18 04-08-2011 , 08:36 AM
Super Moderator
Another test render.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny
# 19 04-08-2011 , 10:38 AM
Nice render Dude................. (Love It)

# 20 04-08-2011 , 11:50 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
love the lighting looks top notch so far even though its still basic

# 21 04-08-2011 , 03:27 PM
Don't shoot me for saying so, but at the moment it's feeling more like a waiting area to me than an office. However, I love the look of it and the view is SWEET! I have a feeling though that once you get furniture and accessories in place, it's going to be an office with a huge "WOW" factor. The natural lighting is very pleasant. I can't wait to see more updates.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 22 04-08-2011 , 04:08 PM
Subscriber
Got a location in mind? Im thinking Malibu, but then that could be Miami? The Caribbean? or just anywhere?

# 23 04-08-2011 , 09:55 PM
Subscriber

And don't make fun of my placeholder furniture lol.user added image

Is that a floating desk I see?
<insert other make-fun-of-your-placeholders-comment>
yeah.. that's all I got...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 24 05-08-2011 , 12:38 AM
Acid44
Looks great, got a sense of scale now user added image Sound booth looks pretty small though

# 25 05-08-2011 , 03:49 PM
More power to you for liking the tinkering user added image . Those are aspects that can just 'kill' me; right when I want to get that batch render done, Backburner throws up errors that need you to run to the moon and back :-) (well..., I don't use Backburner anymore ). The beach ball in there is very fun. The bot should still serve recycled & purified rain water user added image .

# 26 07-08-2011 , 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Working on the desk and pc and getting there. The desk has some structural issues (I kept changing the design :s) so I have to sort that out. As for the workstation, there's the tower,mouse, keyboard, tablet and speaker system, then the cable management.

user added image

user added image

user added image

user added image

- Genny
# 27 07-08-2011 , 03:17 PM
Can I have that monitor station? Looking really nice GecT. Is that procedural texture on the desk top?

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 28 07-08-2011 , 03:50 PM
The Nurb Herd
Your dream office would use windows? Haha, not for me user added image

# 29 07-08-2011 , 04:58 PM
Super Moderator
@ Perfecto

Thank you! And no you may not, its mine all mine!!.user added image The texture isn't procedural, all of the shaders are stand ins at this point though.

@ Dom

Great now you have the hubby laughing at me lol.

- Genny
# 30 07-08-2011 , 05:41 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
Solid modelling so far

Your dream office would use windows? Haha, not for me

lol We run our farm on windows Is there a better option In terms of OS