Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-08-2011 , 10:11 PM

i need help with a modeling tool

Hi everyone ^^

im new to maya and currently im following some tutorials.

everything went smooth until this came up!

https://imageshack.us/f/571/helpo.jpg/
Extrude face history

i would be very happy if someone could tell me how i can find it and what it does ^^

# 2 23-08-2011 , 10:31 PM
The thin red line
I think what you are looking for is the cannel box, look in the top right hand corner there should be a icon for it this will show the history for meshes selected (click on the extrude this will give you some usefull options, change twist, divisions).......dave

Last edited by daverave; 23-08-2011 at 10:34 PM.
# 3 23-08-2011 , 10:37 PM
okay thanks ^^

but when i check the cannel box it only shows me my history it doesnt extrude anything or so user added image

https://www.cgarena.com/freestuff/tut...deos/tut1.html
check this video at 5:21 he just choose extrude face history from a right click menu and suddenly the whole model looks alot different. its like it extrudes all the parts that have been extruded before ... or sometinhg.

# 4 23-08-2011 , 10:43 PM
The thin red line
I cannot load that link for some reason but yes you can go back to a extrude you did earlier and change some things.............dave

# 5 23-08-2011 , 10:59 PM

# 6 23-08-2011 , 11:22 PM
There is no "Extrude Face History" menu item. You go to the channel box and select one of the past extrudes and then you can modify that past extrude. This is what Daverave is suggesting.

I watched the video and I do not know where he is getting that pop up menu. I do not believe it is part of any standard pop up menu in maya. At least I have never seen it.

It looks to me as though he made his own menu and added the "Delete type by History" command to it. That is not "Extrude face history". If you watch the video nothing changes when he selects it! It has no effect on any previous extrudes. In fact at the point he selects the "history" command (which I believe is just edit>delete by type>history", he has not done any extrudes for a very long time.

Yep I just watched it again and he is just adjusting verts and then deletes history and continues translating verts and faces.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675

Last edited by ctbram; 23-08-2011 at 11:45 PM.
# 7 24-08-2011 , 12:15 AM
I was not able to open the link. I will have the time to open that very soon. I'll check that later on.user added image

# 8 24-08-2011 , 09:12 AM
okay thanks everyone ! user added image