Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 20-01-2012 , 05:01 AM
Subscriber

Maya 2012 32 selection problems

Hello All

I posted this in the wrong place but i think now its where it should be:
when it to select objects, i don't get the selection box, however, it does select the object. but its a real pain trying to imagine what I am selecting without the box. Also, just in: Polygons --> I can't see the damn faces, again i can select them, but i can't see their dots from which i can select.

any help would be sweet, thanks

# 2 20-01-2012 , 11:51 PM
Super Moderator
The first issue could be graphic card related. Is anything else displaying funky, like the rotate manipulator and such?

Question two, you can head into the preferences editor, Windows>Settings/Preferences>Preferences and in the "selection" section you can check the "center" checkbox to select poly faces in the way you described.

- Genny
# 3 21-01-2012 , 12:36 AM
Subscriber
Thanks Genny, yeh few things were looking funny. like some vertices completly hidden and such. i fixed everything else except for the selection box. I changed my resolution but still same problem :/

# 4 21-01-2012 , 03:31 AM
Super Moderator
Could you post a screen shot or even a video of the other funky stuff? It could be that you need to update or rollback video drivers, or maybe you have a "problem card".

- Genny