Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 16 03-05-2005 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
No probs, and no, you're not bothering me. I'm actually learning a lot from helping you here. I'm also working on my first plane model. If you go into the WIP forum, and look for the thread titled WIPL Boulton-Paul Defiant, you can see how I'm getting on.

I actually prefer another program for modelling, so I am actually learning all of this as I go along. I personally think it helps me learn better if I am helping somebody else (you can tell this from the fact that I'm a Software Engineering student, currently on a Year in Industry work placement, based in a Finance department, and whats more, I'm training new starters who happen to be accountants!) No better way to learn than teach, i reckon.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 17 11-05-2005 , 09:28 PM
wey hey finally finnished it just moving onto the rendering now, my first maya modelled used uv unwrapping and everything, i know it aint pretty but deadline is soon so itl have to do. just come across one problem tho when i render it its in black and white not colour, anyone know any good rendering tuotrials to help me out??? cheers

Attached Images
# 18 11-05-2005 , 10:56 PM
Subscriber
take a screenshot of your maya render settings (press print screen / prt scr) and paste it into paint / photoshop / psp or similar and save it for us to see here. I'm sure someone will give you some cool pointers. Good luck. user added image

# 19 12-05-2005 , 09:24 AM
k well i made a bit of progress it renders in colour now but really see through n urgh but ill sort that out the only problem is it dosnt render anything on the model that is black??? can anyone help with this problem?

# 20 14-02-2012 , 06:50 AM
Banned
You share here nice query.I have to find same question but i get mine answer here.