Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 16-10-2012 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber

working with nurbs for first time [sigh] help

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 2 17-10-2012 , 01:01 AM
One of the beauties of NURB's is that you can always rebuild you surface to have the density of isoparams that you want.

If you then convert from nurb's to polys and use 1 span per isoparam you get a one to one conversion from NURB's to polys.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 17-10-2012 , 06:13 AM
Rebuilding is one option, but if you want more segments specifically at a particular place, then you can use insert Isoparms command........

# 4 22-10-2012 , 03:40 PM
Subscriber
and where is that command?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin
# 5 22-10-2012 , 04:35 PM
To add an isoparam you select the surface and a dashed isoparam like will appear. Holding shift you can place as many of these as you like. Then under the edit nurbs menu you will find insert isoparams.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 6 22-10-2012 , 06:08 PM
Administrator
Try watching Rick's free friday tutorial on NURBS, it's a good introduction and answers your questions. He made a video of doing the exact same thing with polys, if you'd find it useful to watch the comparative workflow let me know because I have the video here (somewhere in my mess) so I'll find it and upload it if you're interested.

Maya NURBS tips and tricks. SimplyMaya Free Friday Tutorial on Vimeo

Also Jay did a glass jug with revolved surfaces which is helpful if you're completely new to NURBS.

https://simplymaya.com/autodesk-maya-...=164&sub_cat=0