Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-03-2018 , 12:09 AM
Subscriber

New Tutorials (The Robot and More)?

I noticed the robot in the hero banner. He's textured, sitting against a graffiti wall. Is that image a preview of things to come (texturing, posing and environment) or do I have to beg? user added image

Also in general, are you planning to release more tutorials more frequently?

Thanks in advance.

Lil
# 2 10-03-2018 , 02:18 PM
SM Tea Boy
Yes, a UV tutorial covering the new tools inside Maya and a full Substance painter tutorial will be online today.

Next week will be lighting posing and rendering with Arnold and Maya including integration into existing photographs.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 10-03-2018 , 02:20 PM
SM Tea Boy
After that we have some guest instructors lined up and i'll be doing a Lego car explosion.

I'm back after taking some time of due to a death in the family.
David

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 4 12-03-2018 , 10:45 PM
Subscriber

Yes, a UV tutorial covering the new tools inside Maya and a full Substance painter tutorial will be online today.

Next week will be lighting posing and rendering with Arnold and Maya including integration into existing photographs.

David user added image

I am sorry for your loss. Family and loved ones are much more important. Thanks, David. I am happy you are back and am wishing you healing.

I hope that what I posted wasn't insensitive. I didn't know and was worried about joining if the site (like 3D Buzz) ceased to move forward with new Maya tutorials. Again, thanks and I apologize.

Lil

Last edited by lilnyc; 12-03-2018 at 10:49 PM.
# 5 14-03-2018 , 12:23 PM
SM Tea Boy
Hi Lil

We are defiantly moving forward, there will be another tutorial out this weekend.

thank you very much for the kind words,i really did not think your original comment was insensitive in any way. I'm happy your interested in our work.

All the best
David