Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 61 25-06-2003 , 03:42 AM
correct me If i'm wrong but in the first page, wchamlet posted something along the lines of this " Now it's time for the Mac's to overcome all PC's again" and "And I now all you naysayers are going to backlash and say that PC's where never slower than Macs. But the truth is until the 1Ghz barrier was broken by the AMD Athlon chip, Macs where the fastest machines, bar none, for personal use." He explained how macs were better than PCs so don't blame it all on me.

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 62 25-06-2003 , 03:50 AM
The Maya Mountain
who cares who said what? sheesh...

# 63 25-06-2003 , 04:00 AM
Hehehheehe I said bar none.... heeheheeehee

Actually, Kevin started all of this. Literally. If he wouldn't have created simplymaya.com, none of us would be here. But now, Kevin has let loose a plague that will forever alter the course of history!

Let's all blame Kevin!

O' wait a minute... which came first? Kevin or the Mac? :insert eery music:

:eery not eary:

Last edited by wchamlet; 25-06-2003 at 04:03 AM.
# 64 25-06-2003 , 04:17 AM
The Maya Mountain
damn Steve Jobs!

LOL

# 65 25-06-2003 , 05:20 AM
Hey. When it gets down too it. You could show me a Mac, that is 1000xfaster than the most Top of the Line PC. I would still use a PC. I dont like the OS of the Macs. They annoy me to no end. There are some things about Windows that annoys me, but I chose windows any way. I could own a Mac, an d a PC. I would still try to make it as fast as I could. Make the OS' as smooth as posible. My own truth is, yes, my own truth, Windows, is more preferable, PC machine builds are preferable, and software for PC, is preferable. I have a longer history with Macs, then I do with PCs, and i still stand. Let everyone choose what they may. Just provide them with the posabilities, and allow them to choose.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 66 25-06-2003 , 10:29 AM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by wchamlet
David, for example, said he has a system that has a 8 GB RAM limit. His system has 800 mhz fsb. That's all good to know. But he didn't really state how much it cost him for his machine, nor did he say what types of other specifications his computer has. Digital Audio I/O? PCI-X, or AGP 8X? 16 GBps throughput? I'm not trying to call you out David, it was just a point I was trying to make.

I use a 5 channel digital audio soundcard which was £12.50 my Mb was £65 and my primary drive is LVD SCSI got the controller cheap from work.

This is connected to a cluster of 2 linux boxes one of which acts as a hardware firewall / router the other is basically network attached storage and code debugging environment.

My entire system was around £650 pound

The new mac is a very nice machine that much we can agree on, however I don’t like the OS and I hate the company, and its still overpriced to the tune of around a thousand bux.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 67 25-06-2003 , 02:46 PM
you guys have to admit. Prince of Persia on the *old* mac was one hell of a fun game user added image

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 68 25-06-2003 , 03:46 PM
I smell like pee pee and poo poo!

AWESOME!

[EDIT: Mike user added image]

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 69 30-06-2003 , 04:00 PM
https://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pres...HOPPLUGIN.html

Adobe already has a plugin for the G5 to accelerate Photoshop even more. I'm pretty excited if this is an indication of what companies are going to do in the future for the G5. I'm actually a little surprized by this because I figured Adobe would be the last adopter of implementing code enhancements for the G5. Interesting stuff.

"Available free of charge, Adobe's new Photoshop plug-in technology and software enhancement can make this industry-standard application run twice as fast, when compared to Photoshop running on any previous Apple system."