Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-07-2003 , 07:30 AM

Tracing

well that sucks 8P I give up on this tutorial i need to learn more before doing something like this I thought it would be perfect to learn on however I cant get past the tracing part. the images importing in image plane are importing incorrectly ect. dunno what im doing wrong.

If anyone know where I can learn to do the tracing and importing of these image correctly let me know I have searched everywhere.
https://www.blissdd.com/WRX/Tutorial/...s/Book002.html

# 2 17-07-2003 , 07:46 AM
Dude, maybe you can try first some video-tutorials (Like this site´s) before tackling that tutorial. I´d rate it advanced.

# 3 17-07-2003 , 07:58 AM
lol well I have done a few tutorials. and i grasp concepts fairly well just can't figure out image planes and how to set em up like he did. IE.. I set up the top veiw and its 90 degrees rotated from what he has set up. and when I import front view Its stretched. what I really want the image planes to do is to import exactly the size the actual image is without maya distorting, stretching them, ect.

# 4 17-07-2003 , 07:59 AM
also figured out tracing as well, and I think that this tutorial teaches a LOT of maya in one tutorial thats why I was goin for it.

# 5 17-07-2003 , 08:09 AM

Originally posted by Ghost-VE
lol well I have done a few tutorials. and i grasp concepts fairly well just can't figure out image planes and how to set em up like he did. IE.. I set up the top veiw and its 90 degrees rotated from what he has set up. and when I import front view Its stretched. what I really want the image planes to do is to import exactly the size the actual image is without maya distorting, stretching them, ect.

How about using lambert file-textured nurbs or poly planes instead of the standard image planes?

It is my firm believe, yet again .. that you should actually go for other tutorials first. Get a handle of Nurbs if you know what I mean.

Setting up the Image planes should be the least difficult part of the whole thing, and yet you have trouble with it. I can´t imagine when all the stitching comes into play.

Don´t get me wrong. I know we all are capable of this and all the yadayada ... just telling you, you WILL have a better chance at this one after looking at Mike´s Nurbs Shark tutorial for example.

# 6 17-07-2003 , 08:52 AM
Subscriber
Well said oh! wise one :-3

grrrr