Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 26-12-2003 , 08:25 PM

Anyone having the AIM 5.2.xxx Problem?

The new AOL Instant Messenger 5.2 built in ads arent just popups They actually play audio files through aim randomly. They drive me nuts and are incredibly annoying. so if anyone has found a way to fix it ide be happy to hearuser added image

# 2 26-12-2003 , 09:48 PM
yeah. delete it. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 3 26-12-2003 , 11:30 PM
I've never had any problem with advertisements in AIM, so I didn't even knew about such a thing. I think that's probably because I'm using norton internet security to block ads. Try running a free ad blocker and see if that fixes it.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup:
# 4 27-12-2003 , 02:20 AM
i have norton firewall. and that didnt block it. i had to go in and manually block 4 different sites just to stop it. annoying...

# 5 27-12-2003 , 07:30 AM
Trillian

Get Trillian. You can put your AIM, ICR, ICQ, MSN, Y! accounts into the program, with out having to deal with the stupid messengers them selfs. Trillian is rather small, skinable, and adds no adware, spyware, or adds.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 6 27-12-2003 , 10:08 AM
Well. Aparently the new version of aim even effects new trillian users too. Along with deadaim users.

# 7 27-12-2003 , 12:03 PM
Well anything made by AOL should be considered a virus and be destroyed from your computer immediately. But thats just what I think. user added image

# 8 27-12-2003 , 05:26 PM
delete it.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 9 27-12-2003 , 10:11 PM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
i have norton firewall. and that didnt block it. i had to go in and manually block 4 different sites just to stop it. annoying...

Well, then if it's not my firewall that is stoping AIM Ads the only other thing in my computer that might be doing it is Adaware (https://www.lavasoft.de/)

If that doesn't help you then I have no idea of what's going on in my computer.

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

# 10 28-12-2003 , 04:19 AM
ummm.....there used to be an AIM no ad hack somewhere, but im not sure of the legalities and availability for the newer versions.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 11 30-12-2003 , 05:10 AM
nightphantom: i have adaware. that doesnt stop them either. You might have the older aim.

Some computers just arent effected by them for some reason. Maybe an install problem. But they are incredibly annoying if you do get them

drknow: There are several ad stopped for aim, one of the most popular is dead(de-ad) aim. I have it. However that too doesnt stop it, even the newest version(the pay version).

But luckily now it doesnt come up since i blocked the site.

Nightphantom. Sign on aim and see what version number you have. That might tell you why you arent getting them.

# 12 30-12-2003 , 05:47 AM
Well, I checked what version I had before my first reply to make sure I had the same one. And, indeed, I am using version 5.2.3292. Maybe that's not the exact version you are using, but the title of this thread says "5.2.xxx", that obviously includes the one I'm using.
Soooo, yeah, I guess I have one of the lucky computers that don't have that problem user added image. I can't explain why.... I though it was either norton or adaware but apparently it isn't. I didn't had any problem during the instalation (I would remmember something like that). I just thought of something though, I installed this version from 4.x. I mean, I didn't installed 5.x on a fresh windows instalation, I have been installing upgrade after upgrade since some 4.x version. Maybe that did it.

# 13 30-12-2003 , 03:51 PM
i guess its possible. you have the same version as me though. Ide say your norton might be configured differently. and automatically blocked the sites that send the ads. My security is set about average. so if ou have higher it might block more. causing you to not get them.

# 14 30-12-2003 , 09:50 PM
Everytime a new version of AIM comes out, Trillian gets an update like the next day, and it works again. I have troubles connecting to MSN with Trillian every now and again. But AIM works through Trillian. GET TRILLIAN

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 15 30-12-2003 , 09:52 PM
https://www.pestscan.com/Scan.asp

Scan your cmoputer with this, and then CAREFULLY remove the files it tells you.

Cookies can just be deleted, Registry entrys must be carefully removed, and dll's must be unregistered.

It will kill your ad problem!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!