Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 17-01-2004 , 08:01 PM
little more progress...

Attached Images

Fall down seven times, get up eight...
# 17 18-01-2004 , 06:54 PM
Looking good man. Keep it up! user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 18 18-01-2004 , 11:09 PM
I like bro. look forward to seeein more
xian

# 19 19-01-2004 , 12:11 AM
NICE!!! :p :bgreen: user added image

# 20 19-01-2004 , 12:52 AM
jstarr: Any info you can give me would be great. I really like the model and hope to explore subd more. You can IM me anytime on aim: SublimeDragon33, im on from about 12pm est to about 6am.

I like the buckle on the back of the head, but i think it pushes the skin in too much, theres still a skull there to keep it from bending in that much.

A mohawk would look good but may i recomend a non punker style of the stiff abbrasive mohawks, something like a softer mohawn that could sway a little.

# 21 19-01-2004 , 02:59 AM

Originally posted by twisteddragon33
I like the buckle on the back of the head, but i think it pushes the skin in too much, theres still a skull there to keep it from bending in that much.

Sure it can. Ever see a sumo wrestler? See how much meat they got on the backs of their necks? user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 22 20-01-2004 , 09:22 AM
True dave, a sumo wrestler, but thats also pretty high up on his neck, it looks off.

Are we going to see any more progress? I like this model a great deal, cant wait to see it finished.

# 23 20-01-2004 , 10:18 AM
I love soul calibur! and I always hated fighting astaroth!! but great model it's looking very cool and I think that dave is right about how much skn there would be at the back pushing out. There is still a skull underneath there but there's also a hell of a lot of skin and fat to be mushed around user added image

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 24 20-01-2004 , 03:27 PM
I think you might like the strap better if you could rotate the model, I played around with it a little but decided to leave it as it is. I originally thought that the actual 'buckle' itself was to far in but then I thought ' this guy is a hard@$$ and he didn't exactly get that face mask thing from old navy, its not supposed to be comfy'. I like how it pushes in and looks uncomfortable. I think also that when you see the back and shoulders that it will all make more sense because he is built like a mountain. I have to go to work now but will post a new shot later tonight. BTW guys, once I'm finished I will need some pointers on texturing him, as I've never actually tackled UV's for a complex model before. Well thanks for the responses everyone, later...

Fall down seven times, get up eight...
# 25 20-01-2004 , 06:01 PM
Nice work!

-------------------------------------------