Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-04-2005 , 03:44 PM

Assign Cameras to Textures

I was just wondering if it is possible to link a camera's field of view to a texture.

This was hard to understand for some of my colleagues, so to prevent further confusion, I will use the example of a security camera.

I wish to have a camera outside of a closed space, and have what it sees rendered to a square/rectangular plane, so one could monitor what is outside without actually going outside.

If this isnt possible, please tell me; this is based around an important class project.

Thanks for the consideration and help (if any user added image)

~move

Still need visual? I found a security cam tutorial for Doom3.. now if Only I could do this for Maya.

Image taken from https://www.doom3world.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3782

user added image

Woo!

Last edited by movestudios; 25-04-2005 at 04:20 PM.
# 2 25-04-2005 , 08:19 PM
Subscriber
not saying this is posible in other ways, although if so I haven't herd of it. What you can do is render it out once from the perspective of the video servalance cam, and then from a nother cam looking at it and the screen, using the animation of the first render as your animated texture on your little tv or lcd screen. etc.