Video Game Character!
For this challenge, choose a video game character from the early days of games (SNES, NES, Genesis, etc...) and redesign a modern version of them! It doesn't matter if your chosen character has been in a 3D game before!
1) Try to show a screenshot from the game you have chosen! Show concepts! Show progress! This proves that you have worked on the challenge during the challenge timeframe! Modeling AND texturing is required.
2) Your entry DOES NOT have to be a low-poly model, however, if you'd like to, your polycount could be, for example, approx. 3000 triangle polys, with your textures allowed to be up to 2 512x512s.
3) Label your thread thusly:
Sept/Oct - Norm or Noob - Your name
Choose to classify yourself as a Normal or Noobie class entry. Whichever class you choose is the class your final submitted entry will compete against! A winner will be chosen from both classes.
4) Mods and Admins can enter, but are inelligible to win. If a mod chooses to participate, choose "Mod" class rather than Norm or Noob.
5) Applicable 3D programs are: Lightwave, Maya, 3DS Max, and Zbrush (zbrush is allowed for the creation of displacement/normal maps and the like). Until we get a unified challenge forum, please post in the applicable Simply site.
6) All work must be done by the participant. All work must be done within the confines of the challenge dates and not before.
7) Try not to attach images to the forum that are larger than 640x480. Feel free to host larger images yourself.
8) Only one (1) entry per applicant. You can work on as many as you'd like but keep it all in one thread. Choose the one you want to enter as your final.
9) Final entries must be posted into a Final Entry thread that a mod will create in the last couple weeks of the challenge.
The due date of the challenge is approx. 7am Nov. 1st, USA Central time. Get it in before to make sure!
Normal Entry Grand Prize -
GeForce 7800 GTX video card!
Newbie Entry Grand Prize -
Two Simply DVDs of their choosing!