Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 07-06-2007 , 08:42 PM
Subscriber

Posted on YouTube!

Hi folks! It's been a while since I last posted (been busy with advanced Maya classes, work, National Guard, &c &c), but I finally have something to show! I posted this yesterday on YouTube, and it can be found HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_category=0

(cut and paste the link if necessary). Please comment! More to follow as I fill up the ol' account! (FYI it's entitled "I coulda been a contender" and features Package Man and one of my own characters)

Carry on smartly, all!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 2 08-06-2007 , 12:19 AM
ha ha - good job Lt Jim - and great choice of dialogue. user added image

# 3 08-06-2007 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, Arran! Hope you've been well! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 4 08-06-2007 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
Very nice, but why so upset over being a bum? Like Mirek's quote. Take it easy and life will be easy.
Lovely animation.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 5 08-06-2007 , 10:50 AM
I love it think its good. I still havent finished the dog been busy gonna get back into it tonight.

https://www.dell.com/html/global/topics/gaming/en/us/us/dhs/systems-notebook.html

gimme.
# 6 09-06-2007 , 02:01 PM
Subscriber
Hey Jim! long time no see ... welcome back

Haha the animation looks great, looking forward to seeing more work. Keep us posted user added image

cheers, Marlon

# 7 10-06-2007 , 04:16 AM
Nice going Jim, looks good!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 8 10-06-2007 , 10:21 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, everyone! More to follow. One thing I learned in the past few months is the importance of a good rig for one's characters. I've been studying rigging and IK/FK blending, as well as working on blocking out animations. It's much like traditional animation, but different enough to land a veteran like me back to square two!

My new demo reel is about finished, and I will have more time to hang out here! Carry on smartly...!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 9 11-06-2007 , 12:23 AM
Subscriber

My new demo reel is about finished, and I will have more time to hang out here! Carry on smartly...!

Cool, Give us a shout out when you are completely happy to send it out so that people can see etc ... id love to take a look at it user added image

Last edited by marlonjohn; 11-06-2007 at 12:30 AM.
# 10 24-06-2007 , 03:37 AM
Subscriber
I posted three new pieces on YouTube in the last couple of days, with more following shortly! Enjoy, and feel free to comment/critique!

"Ad astra per aspera..."