Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-02-2021 , 11:19 AM

Writing Script for baking FK-Controllers to Locators for Spaceswitching

Hello everyone,
first time posting here and I would really appreciate your help.
I’m writing one of my first scripts in MEL and I encountering a problem. The idea of the script is that you can select a chain of FK-Controllers (like a tail for example) bake them to locators that are connected with constraints so you can animate these in worldspace and bake them back.

Both Script parts work allright when I execute them seperatly but when I try to access them with the UI I wrote may gives me this error:
// Error: line 0: No object matches name: //

Can anyone tell me where the error happens? I’m quiet lost because it’s telling me it’s the line 0

This is the script:

Last edited by fifoux; 11-03-2021 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Wanting to delete thread but dont know how
# 2 11-01-2022 , 02:49 PM
I am sorry, I don't know.

# 3 11-01-2022 , 02:50 PM
My friend is also facing // Error: line 0: No object matches name: // this error. Have you found a solution?