Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-05-2009 , 09:12 AM

Spacehip Challenge: Schivas: | Great Black Pirates

Oh! i see - many races had submitted,now i will steal all your technology..heheh, just kidding, submitting my design soon, here come's the pirates....

# 2 11-05-2009 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
welcome - but I think it will be you walking the plank here. - hehehe

# 3 14-05-2009 , 01:31 AM

hope you'll like it

i just finished some of its pre-designs, still needs to fix it :-),i started with this kinda earthling wing

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 14-05-2009 , 01:32 AM

some modification

adding some reptile parts

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 14-05-2009 , 01:33 AM

body making

attaching to the body

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 14-05-2009 , 01:35 AM

detailing some of its body

i detailed the body parts but still on process, i don't know whats to add

Attached Thumbnails
# 7 14-05-2009 , 01:36 AM

body and wings attached

body and wings attached

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 14-05-2009 , 01:40 AM

pirates mini ship terminitor

i added some mini ship terminator which terminate all ships,this is attached to the body of the ship as a forward battleships to penetrate enemies

Attached Thumbnails
# 9 14-05-2009 , 03:09 AM
Subscriber
if you're going to post screen shots post them with wireframe on shaded toggled on
also, you really don't need to show us your entire laptop screen... unless you really really want to show something off from it. (you can crop the picture in Paint... just drag a rectangle over the picture, hit ctrl+c or ctrl+x, then ctrl+n, hit 'no', then ctrl+v, then save)
You should plug in a second monitor too, it'll make things easier when doing anything in maya not related to modeling user added image

as for the model itself, it looks pretty cool

but what's this terminator ship? terminates all ships? as in it's the ship that does all the ramming and attacking on the poor defenceless victims and it can destroy anything?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 10 14-05-2009 , 03:25 AM

re:

sorry bro, i forgot the cropping, maybe my next post i''l crop it.. thanks for the reminders, oh i see thanks bro, thanks for the suggestion yeah I'll work it out

the mini terminator just paralyzes the enemies,it will terminate the ships attack and defense capabilities - its not the only thing in ship.there will be an ionic cannon that can turn solid matters into gas- attached to the ship that will finish the ship, still thinking what will be the design, and also I'll add some cannon for stealing the technology of the other races- if the other ship will be hit by this cannon , we will have it's blue print and all the data inside it

# 11 14-05-2009 , 03:17 PM
Subscriber
I would like to see a clay render so a lot of the details stand out more. Try going here https://micah.noobgrinder.com/aotut/ it is a great way to get good clay renders. Looking very cool so far.