Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-04-2003 , 07:43 PM

TREES

How do i create trees without using 2d paint effects.

i also have to animate the trees so i need to do it in nurbs or poly`s .. so please do help...

# 2 17-04-2003 , 11:42 PM
then i guess u need to model them...or you could wait for maya 5... as they r giving this option in Maya and its comin out in the somewhere, mid of may perhaps....
or you can also use Xfrog...its an awesome software for such purposes....

# 3 17-04-2003 , 11:44 PM
and yeah...one quick thing... i believe you can animate the tress of paint effects too... you just need to key the parameter...you want to animate.... like i could'nt really understand what you meant from animating...like you wana show the tree growing? or is it a walking tree?
for first case..paint effect would work nicely....but if u wana make a walk cycle....then you gotta refer to the earlier post...

# 4 19-04-2003 , 12:58 AM
Subscriber
well,, you could model them from scratch,, but will take a hell lotta time,, but XFrog is a good option tho,, (beware, it produces very high poly count trees)