Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-07-2007 , 04:08 AM
Subscriber

no batch render

Had anyone this problem. MR wil nor batch render. A single frame OK, but multiples seem to be a problem.
:headbang:

Chris

# 2 05-07-2007 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
me too, I managed to make one set of multiple frames, then after that, nothing.

Any ideas on how to solve it

D

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk
# 3 07-07-2007 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
Dae,

afther a long stare for about 2 days at the screen I finally exported allof the scene to a new scene, and guess what.........it worked!!

What the trouble will probably always be a mistery, but it worked, and searching the net I found out it is a problem that's not oncommon in MR:attn:

# 4 08-07-2007 , 06:55 AM
Subscriber
Dae user added image What are you doing these days? Not seen you around 'ere for ages. Sorry to hijack the thread haha.

On topic then, I too have had this problem, and I ended up doing what you did. Deleted all history and unused materials and anything I could clean up. Exported the geometry into a file and started a new scene, re-import the geo. I thought it was an uggly workaround, and as often with those, rather than wasting more time trying to understand what was really going on I ended up with a hack wasting time setting everything up again (render globals, reassigning materials etc).

Temporarily solved but I still have no clue why it happened or if it could of been fixed with a far easier solution, or something simple but not yet clear to us (like the click of a button in some window or sommit silly).

The worst part is, such problems have a tendency to repeat itself. So if anyone has an insight to what is really going on when this happens, please do share.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 5 08-07-2007 , 10:02 AM
Subscriber
Eporting worked like a charm, cheers

As for myself, I am working far too hard, haven't done much Maya work for sometime now but that should all change soon, I am going to Escape in a few weeks time, thanks to work.

later all

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk