Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 22-12-2005 , 04:41 PM
Subscriber

Help on the ferrari Tut.

Hey there ive started the ferrari tut.
Now i ve got the arch n part of the bonnet done so far but ive noticed that the plane i used is tranparent on one side the problem is its the side that i need to show. i noticed this a while back but thought id press a button n wouldnt be a problem...but it is now cause the tranparent side on the plane dont show in a render either. Quite annoying and cant see its purpose.
Hope i dont have to start again!!user added image :headbang:

# 2 23-12-2005 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
WOW Calm down on the replys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill never get through all this!

# 3 25-12-2005 , 10:37 AM
Subscriber
Though I really got hard time understanding what you're asking , i'll have a go on this :headbang:

Lets admit you created a PolyCube, you will have a pCubeShapex tab in the AttribMngr.

>> RenderStats section : Check "double sided"

Sry if it's not the point. And if it's not, try asking better , and maybe showing the problem. Thx user added image

Last edited by Pyrus; 25-12-2005 at 10:39 AM.
# 4 27-12-2005 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
you can check and see if backface culling is on, that could cause those types of results. Go to display-- custom polygon display-- select the box next to it----- on the menu that pops up scroll to the bottom and make sure that backface culling is OFF, if that's your problem this will fix it.

# 5 27-12-2005 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
hi thanks. i reversed the normals that did the trick user added image