Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-04-2005 , 11:55 PM
Subscriber

Video Format

Well this question isnt really maya related, but everyone here seems to know a thing or two about computers and whatnot. So my question is about video formats. I am doing a school project in powerpoint wher I have some videos that were screen captured using Fraps from Call of Duty. The only thing is that FRAPS only does like 30 second captures and then you have to restart on the capturing. So this means I have atleast 25 different induvidual movies on my powerpoint interface. That I think is somewhat the problem. Powerpoint wont seem to play the first video when there are so many. They said it is probably from resolution and format. They suggested changing the format, the only thing is I dont know which one to change to. It needs to be compact and of course powerpoint has to support it, but I think PP accepts alot of stuff. And thanks in advance for the much needed support.

-Ryan

# 2 25-04-2005 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
Seriously guys, I need some help quick. I have to make like 30 slides and at least 3 of them are going to need to have these compressed videos in them. How come only lik 15 have looked at this thread. Oh well, just plz help ASAP. $)

# 3 26-04-2005 , 01:15 AM
In the time that you've waited for a reply, you could've searched Google for a solution or tried any number of possibilities yourself. You could've tried looking for a video-related forum to get quicker answers. You could also try looking at the Powerpoint help files to find out which video formats are supported.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 4 26-04-2005 , 01:21 AM
Subscriber
I know a little about video formats but I haven't even heard of powerpoint befor..

# 5 26-04-2005 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dannyngan
In the time that you've waited for a reply, you could've searched Google for a solution or tried any number of possibilities yourself. You could've tried looking for a video-related forum to get quicker answers.

woa woa danny.
where did this attitude come from man?
:p user added image

# 6 26-04-2005 , 01:38 AM
Vlad, F U. And I mean it in the nicest way possible. user added image

At least I didn't go with screenshots. (No offense, mchannon, if you're reading this. :p)

Danny Ngan
# 7 26-04-2005 , 07:17 AM
Subscriber
I'm so tempted to llama this thread..

# 8 26-04-2005 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
aaaahhhhh.. forget restraint !!

this thread needs a ....

Attached Images
# 9 26-04-2005 , 07:25 AM
Subscriber
and one to grow on darn it !

user added image

Last edited by Pony; 26-04-2005 at 07:27 AM.
# 10 26-04-2005 , 01:21 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dannyngan
Vlad, F U. And I mean it in the nicest way possible. user added image

At least I didn't go with screenshots. (No offense, mchannon, if you're reading this. :p)

that was a joke u know; :speechles

Last edited by vladimirjp; 26-04-2005 at 01:26 PM.
# 11 26-04-2005 , 04:44 PM
Subscriber
Ok, i am a little lost on my own thread. First off, scrw you danny. Just kidding user added image But wtf do you think I am, stupid? I have searched on google. I have tried converting to different formats. I just dont know that much about video formats. Like which one has the best quality and lowest compression, what are there pros and cons, that sorda stuff. I dont know who pissed in ur cornflakes, but now I wish it was me who did. And also with the lamas, I dont quite get that either. And lastly I dont get the screenshot joke. UM, thx for the talk, but I still need some suggestions.

# 12 26-04-2005 , 04:58 PM

Danny Ngan
# 13 26-04-2005 , 05:03 PM
In classic Shaw brothers voiceover:

"Ah young grasshopper, you're googling skills are quite good but they are no match for my kung-fu!!!"

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 14 26-04-2005 , 08:34 PM
Subscriber
Thx so much for the help. Your right, my googling skillz do suck. I was searching for something like "best video format" or "differences in video format". I guess the best place to start would be the beggining. Thx again for the help.

# 15 26-04-2005 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
Well actually now I still havent got the problem fixed. I still dont know which format to use for the videos. I guess my real question was not what video format worked best in PP, but what format is the smallest and best looking.