Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-07-2005 , 04:48 PM

Knife

Hi,

I've been teaching myself Maya for just over a week now, and being inspired by Michael McKinley's most excellent book's sword tutorial I decided to make my own knife. It's not finished yet, but here's the concept sketch and model so far.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-07-2005 , 10:06 PM
Subscriber
hi, im no expert in knifes but just a pointer, most knifes/swords/blades ive seen have about 1-2 cm flat edge between the hilt of the wepon and the blade.

# 3 15-07-2005 , 12:34 AM
Subscriber
Hey, nice work. I like it alot. The modeling could use a little work. But I know you said that you are still working on it. Got any bump maps or something in plan?

# 4 15-07-2005 , 11:21 AM
@alienscience; yeah, the texture will have lots more detail on the handle, and a bump map and specularity map I think.

@Matt4068; thanks, I never noticed that before. It shouldn't be hard to add one. I should probably get into the habit of sketching a real object so that I notice the details, before I design my own fantasy version.

I'm not going to dwell on this knife too long, I should have a go at the character tutorial next.

# 5 15-07-2005 , 07:07 PM
Here is a bit more progress....

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 15-07-2005 , 07:26 PM
try to add bump map and it will be niceuser added image