Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 31-07-2008 , 07:05 PM

Hotkeys!

Just performed a clean install of windows and have my hotkeys from Maya saved into a text fileā€¦ but not sure how to load them into the hotkey editor. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

# 2 02-08-2008 , 11:15 AM
Is there no way to import hotkeys into Maya?

I tried pasting the .txt file Maya created into the userHotkeys.mel file but it didn't work.

# 3 02-08-2008 , 01:46 PM
Subscriber
to be honest, i've never actually had this problem

when i did a clean install i had a copy of My Documents and the Application Data folders. The application data folder is a hidden folder, but either way, my hotkeys were preserved

as for copying your hotkeys from the txt file, i'm not entirely sure how you would do that... i would have thought the option would be in the same dialog where you saved the hotkey mapping...
but if it was you wouldn't be asking

looks to me like no one actually knows the answer to the question...

it seems strange that you could save the hotkey mapping but not load it user added image

sorry i'm not help to you, dude

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 02-08-2008 , 02:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I should copy the entire My Documents/maya folder next time like you mentioned. There must be a way to import, otherwise it seems useless to even have a 'Save to File...' option. Maybe it's just for printing...?

# 5 02-08-2008 , 02:52 PM
Subscriber
perhaps, but it is strange for there to not be a load option when there is a save option

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 6 02-08-2008 , 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
The Maya hotkeys are in your My Documents/maya/XXversion/prefs/. its the userHotkeys.mel file, quite frankly I don't know why theres that one save option in the hotkey editor either :s

- Genny