Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 01-04-2005 , 10:53 AM

birailing

I have some problems with the birail2-tool. I'm trying to birail some surfaces in the eylid area of a human head model. The eylid area consist of to closed curves intersected by four profiles. When i generate the surfaces the birail tool refuses to generate a surface in the upper area of the eylid. It will only put a surface in the lower parts where it already has made several surfaces.
Does anybody know how to solve this problem so i can have surfaces all around the eyes. It's a bit hard to explain this, i think, but maybe you will understand if you look at the picture.
I will be gratefull for all replies.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-04-2005 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 3 02-04-2005 , 10:21 AM
Hey man, this is so cool!
Thanx a lot for your help! I could finally make surfaces on the hole spline cage. Great! Another problem occured though. After building all the patches/surfaces, one have to rebuild them uniformly. While doing so, some of the adjacent patches disapear.
I wander if this could be in account of the curves not having the same number of spans? What do you think? Anyway, thanx a lot again!

# 4 02-04-2005 , 03:58 PM
Subscriber
Delete history on all your suface patches first. I suspect you're rebuilding a surface that has influence on the one that is disappearing.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."
# 5 02-04-2005 , 08:27 PM
Well, thanx again my man!
I guess everything is simple when it has become yours and your answer was just the right one. Everything is just cool now. thank you!