Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 29-10-2013 , 03:38 PM

A couple of things

First hello again guys, not touched maya for about 18 months so not been around. Coming back after quite some time, I see a new look site, the one main thing i can't find are my old video downloads, I know we use to be able to go back and redownload them, has that stoped?

The other thing is I need to find out the length of a closed curve in maya, I have found a possible mel script at https://www.edvardtoth.com/wp-content...urveLength.mel, however the last version of maya it was tested on was version 7 and i am using version 2009, would it still work? and would it be safe to try.

The last thing is he says to INSTALL: Copy the script into your Maya script-directory and start it with the curveLength; command. First I don't know what he means by the maya script-directory, so please can you talk me through downloading it and everything to installing it on my windows 7 machine?

or if there is an easier way of finding out the length of a curve? please tell me.

With thanks
trikeman

# 2 29-10-2013 , 09:55 PM
Super Moderator
About question one, if David doesn't see this then you can always shoot him a pm and ask.

Question two, copy paste the mel file into the "my documents\maya\scripts" folder( or your operation system's equivalent). If you have different versions of Maya installed and you feel the script might cause problems with one of them then I suggest you place it into the "my documents\maya\xversion\scripts" folder instead.

- Genny
# 3 30-10-2013 , 02:38 PM
Administrator

# 4 03-12-2013 , 04:50 PM
Hi
I will give that a try and let you know how I get on.
Thank you
Trikeman

# 5 03-12-2013 , 04:53 PM

Some of the video I bought

Click this link and it will show you old downloads, you can still redownload any tutorials from the past.

https://simplymaya.com/maya_tutorials/mydownloads.mhtml

Yes thank you for that, this link show about three of the videos I bought, but not all of them.
Thanks
Bill

# 6 11-12-2013 , 11:10 PM
Administrator
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Do you know which videos you are missing? Because if it's something very old it could have been removed from the site when it was redone in 2010.

If not, is it possible you have multiple accounts and that you've purchased the tutorial under a different user account? If so, send an e-mail to admin@simplymaya.com and include any old e-mail addresses that the account(s) could be registered to and we can check it against the data base.

Cheers,
Nilla

# 7 12-12-2013 , 11:58 AM
Thank you of hand not sure but will have a look, I know there was one about and old house. a motor bike. I am sure there were others, I might have a list on an hard drive which I do not have to hand, I will find it and come back to you.

Thanks again
trikeman