Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 13-09-2010 , 04:10 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
a machine like this what you need is either metal textures or an environment with an hdri map to reflect of the surfaces anyway it looks very promosing

# 17 20-09-2010 , 05:04 AM
Subscriber
It took me a while but I finally got around to getting down into the details of the texturing.

murambi - Thanks for the advice. I've been trying to go for a painted metal texture like a tank or other fighting vehicle. I'll have to look up HDRI environments to figure out how to incorporate it!

Attached Thumbnails

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 18 20-09-2010 , 05:14 AM
Lifetime Member
That looks bloody good mate!!!! will look the part with a background for sure!!!! I think Iceworld look LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 20-09-2010 , 05:44 AM
Subscriber
Thanks for the huge compliment bullet! I was going to pause for a bit and come back and do other mechs before a background. But an iceworld sounds like a great idea! I'll start looking up something to make an iceworld background!

Thanks!:attn:

~To create a new world through the imagination
# 20 20-09-2010 , 05:46 AM
Lifetime Member
Something simple I reckon mate.....flat surface with a few bumps and an Ice cliff behind him maybe?? as the backdrop??

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes