Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-09-2008 , 01:44 PM
Subscriber

Windows user problems

Yet again, my computer has crapped itself... 20 minutes ago my computer was working, i shut i down came back couple minutes later to turn it on and it seemed that it coudnt find my user in windows... the only thing i was able to see was the windows logo.

anyone know how i may over come this problem? i doubt it would of have been a virus as i have not downloaded anything for this to happen and also have done 3 virus scans with different programs recently...

heres a picture of what it kind of looks like,

https://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?im...gure150ms5.png

marlon

# 2 24-09-2008 , 02:48 PM
Subscriber
what about scans in safe mode, better yet... Safe mode? Can you login via safemode? If so, and after a clean restart chances are you've got a bug.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 3 24-09-2008 , 09:05 PM
Wasn't there something were you had to press ctrl-alt-delete to bring up the login screen?

Or was that only in Windows 2000?

I can't remember, I mostly use Linux now...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 4 24-09-2008 , 09:07 PM
ctrl alt delete delete to bring up a log in screen (the old style one) for say admin passwords.

Noo too sure whats going on there Marlon...

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 24-09-2008 , 09:48 PM
Subscriber
alexader - tried safe mode though it just freezes up on me ...

architect - yeah usually you could though this time, theres no response when i press it now

steve - yeah dont know whats going on, abit wierd how it just happend...

anyways ived tried every solution in my head and nothing worked, so decided to format cause i need my computer for some major projects for school due very soon even though i never intended to do in the next couple years, haha. but back to 32bit now instead of 64bit as ived had abit of trouble with that recently...

thanks everyone for chipping in their 2 cents user added image

marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 24-09-2008 at 09:51 PM.
# 6 25-09-2008 , 06:42 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by marlonjohn
alexader - tried safe mode though it just freezes up on me ...

that would indicate a boot problem. A Problem which gives you several issues, one being no ability to login lol.
Windows may physically be frozen at that point of the login screen.
Anywho, you formatted, I imagine things are good.

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”