Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 13-03-2006 , 06:28 AM

Maya Mental Ray room from Bangkok!

Mental Ray for Maya VRay style rendering test!
Ciaooo!
Alex

Attached Thumbnails

Alex Sandri
# 2 13-03-2006 , 06:59 AM
Looks great only crit i can find is the image u put outside the window, just grabs the scene too much.

Cheers

# 3 13-03-2006 , 08:04 AM
Subscriber
yea and the monitors reflections again user added image sort them and it will be perfect, probably the best interior scene i hvae scene on simply maya So really well done mate user added image

Love to see ure lighting ng setup user added image ??

P.s the fog affect is great too!!!

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 4 13-03-2006 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
looks great, only crit is the shadow artifacts on the ceiling to the right

# 5 14-03-2006 , 12:36 AM
wow looks great. can ou post a wire shot so we can see where your light are placed.

# 6 14-03-2006 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber
hey mcflury, when u do get to see his light setup, a tip from me is setting up lights aint too hard, just try setting up them as u would think light would come from.. the harder part is actually correcting the materials to appear the right colour balance and brightness etc. this is what ive come to realise. with some of my latest renders. just set the lights once there right leave em then try concentrate on the materials. user added image

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 7 14-03-2006 , 01:05 PM
ok lol

# 8 14-03-2006 , 02:05 PM
Subscriber
why the lol?

# 9 16-03-2006 , 09:57 AM
Subscriber
Man your room is nice. Mine is a small little box.

# 10 16-03-2006 , 04:05 PM
Great work mate - I particularly like the subtle shaft of light cutting through the picture. There are a couple of things that are bothering me though:

The red 'SPQR' carpet just does not look right to me. The shadow around the edge looks a little strong and also the carpet just looks flat - I think it needs more variation.

The second thing is the picture behind the door on the far left. It just looks like it is hung a little high, though I guess that if this room is based on reality, than that is the way it is. I guess I find the Da Vinci paintings a little distracting as well. No offence, but they just seem a little cliche - i feel like you often see cg rooms with a da vinci on the wall as if it somehow denotes class. (Stick up Duchamp's 'she's got a hot ass' instead! user added image) Of course this is a personal preference, so pay no attention to me if you want - you can hang whatever you like on your walls (real or unreal)!

Really great work though - well done!

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 16-03-2006 , 04:11 PM
The Maya Mountain
very nice work! I agree about the outdoor image and the monitor reflections.

# 12 25-03-2006 , 08:54 PM
Very nice, but the rug was the first thing that grabbed my attention. It seems to stick out, there's something not right about it.

<a href="https://insanityprojects.tripod.com">Insanity Projects</a>

ICQ#- 277234669
AIM- jsprpettit4