Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 07-04-2007 , 11:43 AM

paths and dynamics

hey all - looking to run some dynamics on particles. each particle is constrained to a nurb curve. there is a network of these curves. i am looking to control each particles path constraint parametrically through a data sheet.

looking for any thoughts here - thx

# 2 08-04-2007 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber
Im not sure if this will help but i think that the maya website has a tutorial on making the particles follow a path to do some wierd stuff, sorry i dont have the link. it was one of the free ones, and you have to sign up to get it.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 3 08-04-2007 , 11:47 AM
thanks - i'lll check that out... is there away to simply put a geometry constraint on a particle? cheers

# 4 09-04-2007 , 10:42 AM
you could always encase your particle path with an object (even an extrude that is made up of that path) and 'make collide' so they'd just bounce around inside the object.

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 13-04-2007 , 11:23 AM
I have the geometry modelled so I'll give that a try - thanks