Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 14-06-2009 , 06:36 AM

Maya 9 and the imac

Hello All,
I have a new imac, 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2x2GB, 640GB Serial ATA Drive, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB. I was wondering if there is anyone out there using this same system configuration and running Maya 9? If so, what kind of issues are you having, if any? I am in a Maya class at the moment and I have the opportunity to purchase Maya at a discounted price.
Thanks in advance for your inputs.

# 2 14-06-2009 , 09:48 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Mac is a bit tricky when it comes to dongles but otherwise i see no problems at all

# 3 14-06-2009 , 03:55 PM
Technical Director
The lower iMac, the 2.8, is officially supported by Autodesk; so I don't see why the higher one should be any different.

I have never used a dongle with my copy of Maya, so it's probably likely, especially if your a student, you will get a nodelocked license. This works just fine.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 14-06-2009 , 09:15 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by NextDesign
The lower iMac, the 2.8, is officially supported by Autodesk; so I don't see why the higher one should be any different.

because it's a mac? :p
pretty risky assumption

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 5 15-06-2009 , 01:15 AM
Technical Director
All the iMacs are supported. Take a look at the qual charts.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.