Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 21-12-2002 , 03:03 AM

sort of new to Maya

Well, I've made basic stuff with polys by stretching, extruding, and messing with primitives.
I've tried to do organic modeling and stuff, and I've tried hard to make a VW beetle, but I just don't get NURBs curve modelling, sure, I can loft simple curves, but other than that, I can't do anything.
Anyone know of a good tutorial/book that could help me learn NURBs and curve modelling?

My rig:
Asus mobo
Dual Athlon 2200MP
1GB ECC RAM
80GB HD
ATI FireGL 8800
Maya 4.5
# 2 21-12-2002 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
you can no way create a car that fast!!!... but go to blissdd.com and look for the only tutorial they have... a subaru WRX.. awesome tutorial

# 3 21-12-2002 , 10:47 PM
Cars are better done w/ Alias's AutoStudio or Catia or something. But whatever floats yer duck

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. It saves on introductions and goodbyes."
- Waking Life