View Poll Results: What color should I aim for??
Gold/Yellow 3 14.29%
Dark lime green 4 19.05%
Forest Green 10 47.62%
Blue 4 19.05%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 13-02-2004 , 09:08 PM

Jeep Revisited.... (major animation project)

Among with my other post, I have been working on this as well. THis has been a higher priority than the highway scene and the Bike...I haven't posted anything earlier because I wasnt sure if I could since I was working on this for a work demo. But since I am working on it on my own time, it is ok to post it...So here ya go... going to try and out do my last jeep animation. The model is almost done, but I still need to add some details, like bolts and hinges for the doors, and windshiled ect...After that, comes a few more accessories, and textures...and then rendering. so there is still alot of work to be done. But, I will keep this updated, and I am going to finnish this. My goal is to be ready for animation, by mid next week. THanks,
Brian

*See last post for update*

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 13-02-2004 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
Looks great as usual Brian. Good luck, hope you meet the deadline.

# 3 13-02-2004 , 09:33 PM
thanks...good thing is, is that its my own deadline, if I don't make it, its not that big of a deal. They are in no hurry user added image
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 4 16-02-2004 , 07:44 PM
Great work. Very nice.

# 5 16-02-2004 , 08:19 PM
That model looks great. You are an inspiration to me.

Lungs not guns....
# 6 17-02-2004 , 05:10 AM
Thanks alot guys user added image esp Rick, he knows what I am going through....I am spending alot of time on this..on details, you may not even see. Oh well..I will try to post some close ups, so you can see what I mean... I made sure I used the correct brand lights on the frontend, show weld spots...I added the logo on the center cap of the wheels...ect..I will post some more images tonight when I get a chance. Thanks
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 7 17-02-2004 , 05:14 AM
I actually like the blue one best but for the vote i like forest green....

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 8 17-02-2004 , 05:23 AM
Thanks kurt. It looks like it is between lime and forest....Lime green is a color for the Rubicon, but Forest Green isn't... I am going to post an image of both colors when i get a chance.. Thanks,
Brian..

BTW I also kind of wanted to give this jeep some kind of theme...having problems choosing that as well...thinkin about forest ranger, Border control...animal control ect... But I am not sure yet... Just wanted to do something to spruce up the paint a bit. hitting a creative block

Please check
My (old) website!
# 9 17-02-2004 , 05:28 AM
I hate blocks=( I like the forest ranger idea...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 10 17-02-2004 , 05:42 AM
Kinda the same dirrection that I was leaning towards thinking about a paint scheme...what if I made the bottom half, a forest treeline, than whth a sun rise color gradient phasing up thru the rest of the paint, with a forest ranger logo on the door/hood? what do you think? thanks for your ideas Kurt,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 11 17-02-2004 , 07:24 AM
the lime green is kind of a bad rendering, um..try to just look at the color. user added image here are some more options...

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 12 17-02-2004 , 07:25 AM
Royal Blue??

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 13 17-02-2004 , 07:27 AM
One last one for tonight at least....its 2am, and i have to go to work tomorrow morning!

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 14 17-02-2004 , 03:14 PM
Looks really good in the royal blue. The details are a pain. You really nailed the hood and part were the hood and windshield meet. I also really like the texturing on the tires and rims.

# 15 17-02-2004 , 03:21 PM
Subscriber
to be honest I really like the brownish color. it just seems to match it the type of car.