View Poll Results: Who do you vote for? M or GCastro
M 6 40.00%
GCastro 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 31 06-05-2003 , 03:18 PM
Subscriber
Here's another update... i'll be sure to post some wireframe shots also later today.

Looking good "M"

God Bless you and 3D
# 32 06-05-2003 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber
Damn, lookin awesome! I love what you have going there user added image. Maybe put that small rock (scale it down) ontop of one of those big rocks user added image...Anyways, i will post later tonight when i get back home.. cya.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 33 06-05-2003 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber
Seems like the lattice worked good enough tho man.

*Vector looks at his watch, then at )v(*

:p

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 34 06-05-2003 , 10:04 PM
havent seen any updates by M.

# 35 07-05-2003 , 12:12 AM
Subscriber
Yea, sorry twisted and vector.... i just got back home.... weekdays are not my friend user added image. Anyways, im right on it and should have a productive day today user added image.

# 36 07-05-2003 , 01:33 AM
Subscriber
sweeeeet

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 37 07-05-2003 , 03:35 AM
Subscriber
Alright, this isnt textured yet, but basically I thought to myself "What the hell are you doing... a kitchen scene is no fun, especially for mr dino!"... SO.. i decided im going to put him under a rocky cliff and set up a bonfire type thing for him.. kinda like hes camping for the night. I will probably add rain to the final render like hes taking shelter user added image.

BTW, this is a temporary GI_Joe shader.. I will be texturing the whole mountain user added image, by tommorow night user added image (oh shit). WIsh i had a idea like this one on the weekend, maybe i could of started then user added image.. heheh. Ok, updates will be coming along soon user added image. C&C welcome.

# 38 07-05-2003 , 03:47 AM
Subscriber
Looking good M... can't wait to see how you texture this user added image

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 39 07-05-2003 , 04:30 AM
Subscriber
Lol, yea.. i just went to go get some inspiration and learn some things.. i will be back on modelling very soon.. just one thing, hmm.. i dont know how i am exactly going to texture this user added image. It will work out though.. hmm, hopefully it will just work out user added image.. (i wish).

# 40 07-05-2003 , 05:51 AM
Subscriber
Alright, i have been unwrappin the UV's on this structure, and its coming along really good. There are a few stretched areas that I will try to work out.. but for the most part that will have to do.. and i can edit the textures later once the main ones are on user added image. I will be going for a dirt/stone look.. not too bright, not too dark. IF you see something wrong with my mapping (other than the split of polys on the top of the mountain thing) then let me know user added image.

# 41 07-05-2003 , 06:11 AM
Subscriber
Alright, hard at work and just about to call the quits.. i have arranged the pieces on this 2014x2014 sized sheet.. for super detail user added image. Lol, i probably wont even go that close up.. but w/e. Anyways, here is the basic outline of my models unwrapping. I will now sketch out in browns and bashes the basic areas of my model so that i can then go over in detail overtop of that and understand which polys are which ... time for some figuring out to do user added image. Ok, most likely my next update will be tommorow morning (in my time -8 GMT) OR tommorow afternoon, until the deadline. Cya guys then.. C&C welcome.

# 42 07-05-2003 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
Your a "M"aniac hehe... Looking good M.

Just wondering, is it due tonight? or tormorow night?

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 43 07-05-2003 , 02:18 PM
Kevin
watch them stretches M user added image

good work guys..teture lokos not bad at all on your rocks george...might wanna get some bumps for some creveses (is that how you say it?)

# 44 07-05-2003 , 02:18 PM
Subscriber
I got wireframes user added image

God Bless you and 3D
# 45 07-05-2003 , 02:53 PM
Subscriber
i think is crevases, but i don't know. M you're still gonna have to hustle man! But its good to see something. I know you can whip up a texture in no time, i'm worried about the fire tho.

George Hows that coming man? Did you try increasing the texture size? I notice you're getting closer to you're sketch, so keep it up! See you guys after work.