Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 31-03-2003 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber

Learning to draw

Ello,

I currently draw like a 1 year old and would like to improve - I realise I will never be a brilliant artist but would like to be able to sketch characters for use in modelling.

Anybody know any good sites that teach basics of drawing etc, or maybe any good books?

cheers

Rich
# 2 31-03-2003 , 07:22 PM
The Maya Mountain
I'd say anatomy would be a good place to start when it comes to drawing characters. Check out www.fineart.sk

# 3 31-03-2003 , 07:33 PM
Subscriber
I don't know how good it is, or if it's what your looking for, but 3dbuzz.com has a VTM on Concept Art: intro to basic drawing. It might be helpful.

God Bless you and 3D
# 4 31-03-2003 , 07:36 PM
SM Alumni

Originally posted by mtmckinley
I'd say anatomy would be a good place to start when it comes to drawing characters. Check out www.fineart.sk

mmm, anatomy. niceuser added image

gimme everything u got
# 5 31-03-2003 , 11:28 PM
Subscriber

# 6 01-04-2003 , 12:58 AM
can somebody give me the link to the 3d buzz tutorial on concept art? i cant find it...

# 7 01-04-2003 , 05:51 AM
Subscriber
you have to register to 3dbuzz.com to get access to the download link. user added image

Kim Rotbøl-Larsen

www.rotbol.dk
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 W.I.P
# 8 01-04-2003 , 07:18 AM
Subscriber
Hi dbirider,

as Kim says you have to register to 3dBuzz, it is free... when you have done that, then there will be a menu were the login boxes were before in the almost right upper corner...

there will be one named download... clcik on that, and a new download will appear... on the new upcoming site you have to click on accept, (I don't know why it keeps coming when you allready have accepted it one time)... but after that you will come to the download section were there a lot of categories... there is also some Maya vids an for other applications as well... the Concept art vids are almost on the bottom of the pages... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 9 01-04-2003 , 01:56 PM
I would recommend the book 'Drawing On the right Side of The Brain', i've yet to buy it, but i will.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 10 01-04-2003 , 02:03 PM
Hi!
I can recomment the right side of the brain book!!! It's really great! My only good drawings were Manga style pics, but afterwards you have worked through this book, you get another "view". It's worth it's money...
But about the Concept art vtms, I can't find them on the new download page, and what I remember, there was nothing about this in the old one... any help would be cool!
cu

Klaus Stangl
inferno*&Maya
www.worldofmaya.com
# 11 01-04-2003 , 10:58 PM
Subscriber
thanks for all the answers guys - i also heard summat about that right side of the brain book - guess I am definitely the far left side of the brain when it comes to drawing/sketching user added image

will check out all the links - i registered with 3dbuzz and saw the vtm covies on concept art - haven't had a chance to download them yet. Are they based at people who are artistically challenged or just people who aren't sure how to go about drawing concept art for models/charcters

cheers

Rich
# 12 02-04-2003 , 06:25 AM
Perhaps something if you wanna learn to paint is watching at "Bob Ross: the Joy of painting". That's really great especially for landscape paininting...
The "right side of ...." helps you get on the other side. It's especially written for this kind of learning. Not the normal kind of book/course where you just have draw and draw until you get this kind of view...
-Klaus

Klaus Stangl
inferno*&Maya
www.worldofmaya.com