Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 08-03-2008 , 05:16 PM

the basic human figure free tut

ok im felling like this :headbang: cause in the tut he says make sure you have the modeling toolbar config option on for some odd reason I DNT HAVE IT lol ummm but yah i went into customize ur own and i was bout to make it until i noticed i dnt have edit polygons or polygons option to be put in i do have the full 2008 version of maya so i have no idea whats wrong plzzzzzz help cause im tryin to learn maya (ive been at 3ds max but maya looks a bit easyer modeling and char animation wise!!):headbang:

# 2 08-03-2008 , 06:32 PM
Jr.Who
Since 8.0 it's been split into Polygons and Surfaces (NURBS). It also says Mesh and Edit Mesh instead of Polygons and Edit Polygons.

BTW, just a hint, you only need to post a question like this once, the Newbie forum should fit well.

# 3 08-03-2008 , 07:36 PM

Originally posted by Jr.Who
Since 8.0 it's been split into Polygons and Surfaces (NURBS). It also says Mesh and Edit Mesh instead of Polygons and Edit Polygons.

BTW, just a hint, you only need to post a question like this once, the Newbie forum should fit well.

thx lol yah i went and just started explorin for the tools he was talkin bout and i found the cut faces tool under mesh edit so i figured it was just all grouped under mesh lol and thx for the reply !!