Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 15-01-2007 , 01:10 AM
Subscriber

Scaling at different ratios

Hello,
I am having a problem scaling a model. When I scale it, it seems like the different components are scaling at different ratios (see image).

Parts of the model are in NURBS, parts are in polygons. I tried exporting it and importing it, but I got an error message about faces being shared by multiple groups and it only imports the green lampshade (which is a poly surface).

Can anyone offer any advice? Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 15-01-2007 , 01:28 AM
Subscriber
I was able to finally fix the problem. I ungrouped all of the groups that had transforms in their hierarchy and unhid them...

I'm not sure why or which of these things did the trick, but one of them worked...should anyone else encounter this problem, I believe it can be solved in your grouping.

# 3 15-01-2007 , 01:32 AM
this was probably happening for one of two reasons - either each of the objects were scaling according to their own pivot or you had the objects selected twice (on it's own and part of a group) therefore the scale tool was affecting the object twice.

# 4 15-01-2007 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
Very simple solution that bothered me for a while select all your objects then hold Ctrl+G and then scale as desired.
Hope this helps

Cannibalism is just a friendly form of population control.
# 5 15-01-2007 , 03:25 AM
Uhm, what is said doesn't really work, ctrl+g if I remember correctly makes a new group.

That floods your history *bad* as it essentially makes a new object every time you scale. Its just a matter of being careful.

# 6 15-01-2007 , 04:25 AM
Subscriber
I've heard one good solution to scaling problems is to make sure that your history for the effected objects are deleted.