Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 17-07-2005 , 01:00 AM
Subscriber

Modeling and Map technique

Aight everyone. Got a question for you all. Actually, its more like a few questions. But now to the point. I am modeling a building, and I was hoping to make the windows reflective (like in the pic below, very close to a mirror) But, I would like to know if I would have to model the induvidual windows, and then apply a phong shader and use raytracing. Or use some other type of method.

EDIT: Maybe that is one question. Oh well, that means that you probably wasted about 10 seconds of your life reading all the extra crap on this thread. So, I guess youll want that 10 seconds back when your on your deathbead, huh?

EDIT EDIT: Ok, now I will try to fit everything into this edit that I forget before. I need to know also if I should use a reflection map instead of the phong shader. Also, for the reflection map, is it related to the UVs. Like, if I organize the UVs into the basic shape and order of the model, will it reflect acording to where I draw the black and white squares (or whatever is needed to mark reflection for the map). Sorry about the untidyness of this thread.

Attached Images

Last edited by alienscience; 17-07-2005 at 01:09 AM.