Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-01-2004 , 12:37 AM

Grow Selection Region tool not working

I am using the Gnomon training DVD. In one section I am supposed to use the Grow Selection Region tool to grow my selection of polygon faces. But, every time I select some polygon faces and hit Grow Selection Region, it de-selects the faces I have already selected instead of adding faces to selection.
Kori

# 2 25-01-2004 , 03:51 AM
Are you getting any kind of error message in the command line?

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 25-01-2004 , 02:18 PM
I turned on my computer this morning and my Grow Selection Tool worked fine. The only thing I can think of is that I was working on the model using my Subdivide, Split Polygon tool and a few other poly tools before I started having problems with my Grow Selection Tool. Something I did corrupted the system memory or model. I tired shutting down the Maya program and restarting, but evidently that was not enough. I should have turned the computer off to clear the memory. Anyway, next time it happens I will know.

Kori