Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 20-01-2005 , 07:57 PM

cartoon dog sub D question

Quick question. so far I am doing ok on the tut. Very good job on teaching me since I know next to nothing user added image. When I converto to SubD I get some wierd wireframe lines. It doesn't seem to effect the mesh though. just curious what I did wrong.

user added image

# 2 20-01-2005 , 08:15 PM
post a wire frame.. just in polys.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 20-01-2005 , 08:36 PM
here you go. I though it was becasue I have some 3 sided faces but now I am not sure. Let me know what you think.

user added image

# 4 20-01-2005 , 08:39 PM
You are correct you have a few 3 sided tris it why you are getting the look you are on the sub-ds.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 5 20-01-2005 , 08:40 PM
ok do i need to go through and make them all 4 sided? or is it ok to have some 3 sided? There are some places I am not sure I can get a 4 sided one.

# 6 20-01-2005 , 08:58 PM
3 sided are ok.. I just try to have them all 4 when and where I can.

# 7 21-01-2005 , 07:53 AM
another quick question. I lost a face when I merged both sides. what is the best way to get this filled in? I have verts I can use but wasn't sure best way to fill in lost face. tried just merging verts and it got ugly quick lol. Thanks

user added image

# 8 21-01-2005 , 07:59 AM
Kevin
I havnt used maya for a long time but I think you could use the append to polygon tool, you basically click on the edges and it will "fill the hole" lol

Then you can use use the split poly tool to create the 4 sides that you need.

# 9 21-01-2005 , 05:15 PM
cool that did it thanks.