Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 04-01-2006 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber

Interior Study

I have taken a quick break from my "self" study to work on my lighting and rendering, here is the result so far.

I'm going for a daylight render, middle of summer with no clouds...

Set up with spot light for sun (10 degree cone) and several points inside the room

Global Illumination and final gather,

here is the reult so far, If anyone knows how to get rid of the artifact around the right ceiling light (what looks like white shaddows) without decreasing the photon intensity of the light please let me know!

user added image

Cheers

Jamie.

# 2 05-01-2006 , 10:14 PM
Subscriber
Unfortunately I saved my work last night but it didn't save properly under Maya Ascii... i've had to rebuild the scene from scratch apart from the table and wall fabrics...

Heres the progress so far,

Still need to work on the worrd textures, and add some sort of light to the roof, add textures to the wall drapes and finish building the scene outside the double doors (going for a balcony with mount fuji in the back drop I think)

Comments and Crit welcome especially on lighting!

Oh, if anyone knows any good tutorials for setting up Mental Ray shaders please let me know! Searched all over, but it seems somewhat of an illusive topic. I've not had much luck setting them up... Here I render in Mental Ray however im just using standard Lambert and Blinns.

Or any books anyone could recommend,

cheers

Jamie.

user added image

# 3 06-01-2006 , 02:35 AM

Looking for a Job
Aim :hondahunter614
My Portfolio
https://photobucket.com/albums/y157/bizzarostormy614/Portfolio/
# 4 06-01-2006 , 09:04 PM
Subscriber
cheers for the link Bizzaro, had a good browse some very good information in there!

Here is another quick render, not done much today, just fixed the lighting a little.

C&C welcome,

Cheers

Jamie

user added image

# 5 06-01-2006 , 09:38 PM
Try blurry shadows for the sun. All else... not bad! I am working on an interior scene right now as well... see the battle forum

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 6 06-01-2006 , 10:09 PM
Subscriber
Thanks matt,

I don't know how to do blurred shadows... if you could point me in the right direction,

cheers

Jamie.

# 7 07-01-2006 , 12:28 AM
Mind you that depending on how strong/near the light source is, shadows isn't ALWAYS blurry. I think those look fine the way they are.